Have you ever wondered why there’s so much fuss about the wonders of the “magic” African black soap?
Black soap is an ancient beauty secret that has been used for centuries and is the key to ageless, glowing skin! It is the ultimate beauty buy for those wanting an affordable, natural cleanser that is also effective for all skin types to achieve flawless skin.
A summary of its magic
African black soap; also known as “Ose Dudu, Alata Samina, and Anago samina” originated in West Africa (especially Ghana) and the tribes of West Africa prepare this soap locally with harvested plant-based ingredients.
The traditional recipe of African black soap is a closely guarded secret known only to the families that prepare it. Unlike other commercially available soaps, African Black Soap is gentle on your skin and a one-stop solution to deal with pigmentation, breakouts, uneven skin tone, and dullness.
Let’s talk about the ingredients in detail.
Black soap is made from carefully selected plant-based ingredients including coconut oil, raw African shea butter or shea tree bark, cocoa pods, and plantain skin.
The plant parts are collected, sun-dried, and roasted until they turn into ash. Then, different types of plant fats, such as coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, and other fats are added to it and stirred on the heat for 24 hours. Once it solidifies, the soap is cured for two weeks before it is ready for use.
• Plantain Skin: It contains antioxidants, such as riboflavin, vitamin C, thiamine, and folic acid.
• Coconut Oil: It has anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants.
• Palm Kernel Oil: It is an excellent moisturiser and emollient
• Palm Oil: It is derived from the palm fruit (and not its kernel) and contains beta-carotene, vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants
• Shea Butter: the best moisturiser to ever exist
These natural ingredients make African black soap the “holy grail” of skincare. It is a step ahead of the commercially available synthetic soaps.
Not convinced yet? Now let’s dive into the wonders and magic it creates on your skin.
- Helps in soothing irritated skin.
- It fights acne.
- It is a great natural moisturiser.
- Cleanses and exfoliates the skin thoroughly.
- Helps in reducing hyper-pigmentation.
- Prevents razor bumps.
- Safe for all skin types
At R&R, we offer black soap in a bar and a liquid form! Have you used it before? Let us know in the comments.
Regina – Team R&R